The following quotes are from Clive Bowsher’s new book One: Being United to Jesus Changes Everything.
- “God’s the God who stoops to save us, who isn’t afraid to come down and help—and he’s not afraid to kneel down with us either. We can relate to him. We can trust him.”
- “Our culture has cheapened love, and we’re so thirsty. But Scripture says there is a deep river. Love which flows from within God, who is Trinity, from his relational heart to our heart—and then flows back to him and out to people around us.”
- “The resurrection opens up the reality of the most beautiful love to us.”
- “Knowing God isn’t a hard problem for us to solve. It’s a dazzling and thrilling reality to dive into.”
- “Jesus’ life courses through the vine and produces fruit—genuine love in genuine community.”
- “There really is forgiveness for every pain you feel at having grieved God. There really is love for every bit of brokenness you bring to him. And there’s certain promise of fruit to come.”
- “Surprisingly, and strangely to our ears, freedom comes when we discover the right kind of belonging.”
- “Knowing Jesus means knowing the Father. And Jesus doesn’t just whisper that you’re his brother or sister. He writes it large across the pages of the New Testament. He’s never ashamed to look you in the eye and say, ‘You’re family’ (Heb. 2:11–12).”
- “We don’t flit in and out of being sons and daughters of God. As you look to Jesus and the Father forgives you, he unites you to Jesus permanently. He places that eternal robe of sonship on your shoulders. He puts a ring on your finger to let you know you properly belong. And you’re held in an embrace you could never have imagined.”
- “Prayer is the language of holy love.”
Get your copy of One: Being United to Jesus Changes Everything.